WASH in Schools (WinS)
Parañaque Elementary School Unit II is a school that aims to promote proper hygiene and sanitation. The WinS TWG exert all their efforts in implementing the program as well as to improve the hygiene and sanitation of our pupils.
• The water quality of the school was tested quarterly.
• The teachers require the pupils to bring their own drinking water for safety requirements.
• Maintaining the cleanliness of the comfort rooms, posted signages about handwashing and toothbrushing procedures
• Proper disposal of sanitary napkins and also provided a wrapping material for the female students to use.
• The school nurse invites resource speakers to conduct lectures to pupils and parents on proper hygiene and health awareness
• The school require each pupil to bring their own hygiene kit
• Rotary Club of Makati South took an initiative to donate two million pesos (2 000 000) to initiate the rehabilitation of handwashing areas and additional comfort rooms for the pupils
• The innovation that our school introduced for this school year is to have a toothbrush corner in each classroom and also WinS corner to raise the pupils awareness on proper hygiene and maintaining cleanliness at all times